Q: Well I been having trouble with gas pedal when I try to push on gas it goes like it doesn't want to go so I push harder and it spe

asked by on May 13, 2017

Speeding up why.

Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle needs to be inspected for several issues. First, the gas pedal controls the air flow into the engine, and the computer matches the amount of air to the amount of fuel needed. Therefore, we need to check the throttle body and air intake sensors first. Even without a check engine light on, you should have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic codes to see if the computer has detected any issues already. Secondly, we want to check the fuel supply and pressure. If the fuel pressure and injectors are working, we want to also look into the spark plugs and wires. A delayed response from the engine to the wheels may indicate an problem with the transmission. Only further testing will tell. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.