Q: Car accelerates then slows down before changing into proper gear when moving from a stopped position

This happens when I need to move the car from the stock position say at an intersection or stop sign

A: The problem is addressed in technical bulle...

The problem is addressed in technical bulletin 06-07-30-023E. The problem is a slipping second clutch inside the transmission and requires the clutch and steel clutch plates and seals to be replaced. This requires the transmission to be removed and disassembled. At a minimum the technical bulletin should be followed. Once the transmission is out, a complete overhaul may be needed if other problems are found. If you would like to have an independent mechanic take a look at this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to have your acceleration issue diagnosed.