Q: Car accelerates then slows down before changing into proper gear when moving from a stopped position

This happens when I need to move the car from the stock position say at an intersection or stop sign

The problem is addressed in technical bulletin 06-07-30-023E. The problem is a slipping second clutch inside the transmission and requires the clutch and steel clutch plates and seals to be replaced. This requires the transmission to be removed and disassembled. At a minimum the technical bulletin should be followed. Once the transmission is out, a complete overhaul may be needed if other problems are found. If you would like to have an independent mechanic take a look at this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to have your acceleration issue diagnosed.

3. Car accelerates then slows down before changing into proper gear when moving from a stopped position