Q: Car loses power and stalls - 2014 Cadillac ATS

My car has gone approximately 34,000 miles. On several ocassions, I experienced the car stalling out. I would start the car and after only a few minutes, there was a significant power loss and inability to accelerate. This happened after the car sat for about an hour or more. I went to the dealership but they weren't able to diagnose the problem as there were no trouble codes present, nor has any warning came up. Do you have any idea what might be the problem?

Hi! You may have to leave your vehicle with the dealership in order for them to be able to duplicate the concern. While it is not necessary for there to be diagnostic trouble codes present in the vehicle’s computer in order to troubleshoot an issue, it certainly can help.

A greater diagnostic challenge occurs when the problem is so intermittent that a technician cannot get it to occur during troubleshooting. The more frequently it occurs, the more likely it is to act up while a technician is checking it.

I would speak with the dealership service manager about your concern for your safety while operating this car and how you are losing confidence in its reliability.

If you would like a second opinion, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office and inspect your vehicle for the loss of power, and acceleration problems.

3. Car loses power and stalls - 2014 Cadillac ATS