Q: How do I use the Bluetooth HandsFreeLink®?

How do I use the Bluetooth HandsFreeLink®?

Some 2012 Accords came equipped with the Bluetooth HandsFreeLink® (HFL) system. If your car has this onboard, it can be used to allow hands free communication through your smartphone and the car’s audio system. You’ll see the buttons on the side of the steering wheel, right next to the Voice Command buttons for the navigation system if your car is nav-equipped. Here’s all you need to do to use it:

1. First, make sure your cell phone is Bluetooth enabled.

2. If it is, then turn it on.

3. Press the HFL Talk button (top button) and then release it to answer your phone or speak.

4. To end a call, press and release the HFL back button (bottom button).

Tip

The HFL system is tied into your car’s voice command system. The microphone is located above your head, near the spotlights and the HomeLink control. Make sure you speak clearly. Wind noise from open windows or an open moon roof can also cause interference.

3. How do I use the Bluetooth HandsFreeLink®?