Q: Code p-3190/3191

asked by on April 30, 2016

12volt battery

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. This can be caused by a number of things. I would start by having the engine battery tested. If it is low or dead then this will occur. If it is fine then there may be another issue with the engine. It is common for a failing fuel pump to cause this or a clogged or failed air intake tube. Both of these will cause this to occur. I typically start by checking fuel pressure and the intake tube for obstructions or looseness. Knowing if the engine is starting or not will help. If it is the battery then it needs to be replaced and the computer reset. If you want to have your check engine light diagnosed, consider using YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose this.