RAV4 2016 Static on all radio stations with flutter 2016 ...

Q: RAV4 2016 Static on all radio stations with flutter

asked by on November 05, 2017

I took my RAV4 2016 into my local dealer ship for static on all radio stations. It came back with even more static with an additional flutter sound. Dealership has asked me to monitor. I would really, really like to know what is causing the static since the dealership cannot seem to troubleshoot or solve the static problem (P.S.: This has caused me no end of worry).

Hi Gail. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Problems with radio static are usually caused by a poor electrical connection - in many cases, it’s the connection with the antennae or a ground wire connection to the body of the car. However, it’s also possible that internal issues with the radio are causing this problem as well. Since the dealership is unlikely to find any root issues or has not provided any help recently, the solution may be to replace the original equipment radio with an aftermarket system. Unfortunately, this is service area our mobile mechanics do not offer, so your best option is probably to contact a local automotive audio / visual installation provider.