Fuel rail sensor faulty or fuel pressure too high q5 v6-3...

Q: Fuel rail sensor faulty or fuel pressure too high

asked by on October 13, 2016

Fuel rail sensor, too high fuel pressure.

Hello there, a check engine light for too high of fuel pressure is unusual with your 2009 Audi Q5. There are one 2 possible faults going on. Either the fuel pressure is too high, or the fuel pressure sensor is reading faulty. If the fuel pressure is high the most common faults would be a kinked fuel line, faulty fuel pressure regulator, or clogged fuel filter. If the sensor is reading wrong, it could be the sensor itself or a wiring harness fault. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your fuel pressure issues and make any repairs required.