Q: What would stop the ignition lock cylinder from going back in its casing?

Im changing my ignition lock cylinder, I took it out of its casing to change the tumblers and now it's stuck halfway in. The keys turns the cylinder a little bit but I can't get it to go in anymore.

Unfortunately, without physically seeing the ignition cylinder in person, it would be difficult to determine why it is unable to go back in.

One thing you can attempt to do is to take your Dodge’s ignition cylinder to a locksmith to be sure that it has been keyed and assembled properly. I personally have had difficulty with re-keying ignitions and many times, one tiny piece was needed to be flipped correctly in order for the whole system to work.

It is always a good idea to take a video or pictures of the step-by-step process of taking it apart, that way you have something to refer back to when reassembling.

If you are pressed for time or prefer to have someone come take this headache away from you, enlist the assistance of one of our mobile technicians. They will come out and diagnose your ignition cylinder issue and, provided there are no unseen problems, should be able to get you up and running fairly quickly. If there is an unseen problem, they will be able to quickly identify it and assist you with your repairs.

• What would stop the ignition lock cylinder from going back in its casing?