Q: Ticking when accelerating

I have a ticking noise sound like its in my trans but not sure cus when im in nutral i can rev my engine as high as i want and i dont here the ticking noise but when in gear and going down the road i hear a ticking noise but eventually goes away the longer i drive my car but once car cools down again the noise comes back It doesnt happen every time i drive the car but enough to have me concerned

With the information that you’ve provided, I think you are describing an exhaust leak. It’s not uncommon for a minor exhaust leak to tick, especially when cool, and then go away as it warms up. It can also increase when accelerating due to a build up of pressure as the engine strains to accelerate. There could be a crack in the exhaust manifold, a crack in a pipe, or even an exhaust gasket that may have failed. Colder weather can have an adverse affect on the situation, as the components will heat and cool at a faster rate. If this is something you feel you could use a hand in identifying and/or repairing, contact a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.

3. Ticking when accelerating