Q: Q: ABS light on

The ABS light is on, and I just had the wheel speed sensors replaced.

There is a technical service bulletin (TSB) GM has put out concerning a bad ground to the electronic brake controller module or EBCM. This causes a loss of communication and sets the ABS light. There are fault codes associated with this condition so fault codes should be read out.

If the reading out of the fault codes match the ones specified in the bulletin, then the ground for the EBCM on the underside of the frame should be cleaned and reconnected. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the equipment and training to diagnose your ABS light and carry out the necessary repairs.

3. Q: ABS light on