Q: Ford Focus DPS6 transmission - Are the actuators located inside the TCM? 2013 Ford Focus

asked by on March 16, 2017

Hello,

I have a question about the makeup of my transmission. Are the actuators located inside the TCM?

Thank you!

Hello - the clutch actuators are external, but bolted to, the transmission. There are 2 "shift drums", activated by clock motors, inside the Transmission Control Module (TCM) which do the actual gear selection. Ford seems to like to refer to these as "gear selector drums". Ford has multiple extended warranties which apply to the TCM, but not necessarily to the dual clutches and the clutch actuators. Check with your Ford service center for more details on what is or is not covered.