Q: What type of twin turbo on 2JZGTE engine?

Type of Twin turbo on 2JZGTE engine -- is it a CT12A or CT20B or other? -- I want to change the ceramic compressor wheel to forged Aluminum. The size might be different. Can you help?

Hi there, thanks for writing in.

This depends on where the car was built to sold. If it was a Japanese domestic model, it uses CT20 turbos with ceramic compressor wheels. If it’s an export model, meaning it was meant for everywhere but Japan, then it should have CT12B turbos, which already have a stainless steel compressor wheel. If you find that you are unable to change the compressor wheels yourself, or notice damage to the turbos, it may be worth having a qualified professional, such as one available from YourMechanic, do the work for you.

3. What type of twin turbo on 2JZGTE engine?