Q: Car doesn't go straight yet, no mechanical failure can be found

So I have got new tires, new control arm and ball joints on one side of the car. My mechanic says that the ball joint and control arm on the driver side is fine. However when I drive my car and try to go straight it feels like I'm constantly fighting against my steering wheel. As it wants to go left so I have to keep correcting the steering. What could be the issue?

The vehicle is not properly aligned. Prior to performing an alignment be sure the suspension fully checks out and is not worn. Also, if you have any suspicion of frame damage that should be evaluated at the time of the alignment. Pulling can be caused by a thrust angle that exceeds 0.5 degrees or too much cross camber or cross caster. Discuss these concepts with the alignment shop and in particular just flat out ask the shop how much cross camber is allowed (or presently exists) on the vehicle. If they cannot directly and almost instantly give you an answer, find a different shop (it is hard to find shops that will actually do what you are giving them your hard earned dollars to do so you should ask questions, the more the better, and see if you get an intelligent response versus a blank stare). On your vehicle, maximum cross camber is probably around 0.5 degrees but they should give you an exact value. At the shop, ask that the vehicle be aligned to the preferred factory settings (as opposed to just being set within a range) and get a pre and post alignment report print out to take home with you. If they are not willing to do any of that, find a different shop. If you want your vehicle’s suspension inspected by a certified Mechanic to determine if there is misalignment and/or worn suspension parts, please request a suspension inspection and the responding certified Mechanic will get your concerns addressed. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Car doesn't go straight yet, no mechanical failure can be found