Q: Why am I getting a P0430 code in my 2002 Honda Accord

During the month of October 2016, I sent my car to a workshop to change oil seals: Flywheel oil seal; Camshaft oil seal; Crankshaft oil seal; Converter oil seal; Gear level oil seal; VTEC sensor Valve Timing oil pressure switch & Solenoid valve Assy.

After the day I took back the car, the engine light "On". And the code came out is P0430. The light can be removed but it will come back "On" after few days driving time. I did sent to workshop to remove the engine light but will come back again. I experienced this issue few times, such as the following scenarios: 1. The light is "On" after I drive the car whole day. It is "On" at the evening time. 2. The light is "On" after few minutes time I started the engine. The car still parking in the parking space. 3. The light is "On" on the 3rd day after I removed the engine light. Every time when the light is "On" , I can smell that more emission at the exhaust but without more smoke. So, I need some professional advise.

Hi there. Typically when you get this code it is due to a failing converter. You car has two of them, one for each side of the engine, and when they go bad anf no longer function right them this will occur. It can also be caused by an oxygen sensor issue. I usually start by checking the oxygen sensors and seeing if they are reading right. If they are then the converter needs to be replaced. If you need to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the check engine light is coming on] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection

3. Why am I getting a P0430 code in my 2002 Honda Accord