Q: AC off - 2011 Chevrolet Cruze

asked by on October 17, 2016

My car keeps giving me the message AC off due to high engine temperature but my heat hand shows the car Is all the way cold. So I pull over and look under the hood and my car is not running hot. So now every time I crank my car I see that massage. What is causing this?

Hello. Your Chevy Cruze uses a "heated" engine thermostat (under computer control) which has caused some problems. There is a Technical Service Bulletin (301268) to address the "engine is cold" issue - software reprogramming). There are also multiple temperature sensors, the failure of which will cause the "overheat" display message you see, and which block AC operation. I recommend checking in with your Chevy dealer service department for these problems.