Q: AC off - 2011 Chevrolet Cruze

My car keeps giving me the message AC off due to high engine temperature but my heat hand shows the car Is all the way cold. So I pull over and look under the hood and my car is not running hot. So now every time I crank my car I see that massage. What is causing this?

Hello. Your Chevy Cruze uses a "heated" engine thermostat (under computer control) which has caused some problems. There is a Technical Service Bulletin (301268) to address the "engine is cold" issue - software reprogramming). There are also multiple temperature sensors, the failure of which will cause the "overheat" display message you see, and which block AC operation. I recommend checking in with your Chevy dealer service department for these problems.