Q: Check Hybrid System light on

The Check Hybrid System light is on, and the car feels like the RPMs are running high just to get up to 50 MPH. The Check Engine light is on as well.

Hi, there is a recall for Prius’ of that year. Typically when this happens the car is not able to be driven so it sounds like your issue is different. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, would be able to hook up a scan tool to your computer to find out why the lights are on. The cars computer will save a DTC(Diagnostic Trouble Code) whenever the check engine light turns on and once you have this code, you will have a better idea of what’s going on with the engine. If you like some more info on the recall, you can search "Toyota safety recall E0E", the first link is a PDF with more detailed information.

3. Check Hybrid System light on