Q: 2007 Lincoln Navigator gas cap indicator light won't turn off

asked by on April 06, 2017

I drove with my gas cap not screwed on and noticed that the indicator light came on. I stopped and screwed it back on tightly but can't get the indicator light to go off. Have tried doing resets of the indicator panel several times. This does not work. The gas cap appears to look fine..it is just that it was left off while driving for about 10 miles. Will it eventually reset?

In order to turn off the light you will need to have the computer scanned for codes and any codes cleared from memory with a scanner.