Q: My car idles low and shakes inside.

The car idles at sometimes 200 rpms or on a good day 800 rpms. When I first got the car I noticed the rough idle and tried to fix it by cleaning the fuel injectors. I cleaned them and it sounded and felt a little better but it still idles at 200 or 800 rpms. I dont know any other reason for why this is happening.

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided this is most likely an idle control issue. Assuming, the Check Engine Light is not on, leads me to believe the ECM (engine control module) is not recognizing the fault. The throttle body and idle air control valve could have carbon build-up and cleaning both could resolve the erratic idle speed. It could be, the idle air control valve is faulty and requires replacement. Replacing parts without diagnoses can be expensive and time consuming with no resolution. I recommend your vehicle receive an idling inspection and then go from there.