Q: Gearbox Faulty Message appear on dashboard screen

I own Peugeot 408, 2.0, 2013 model with a mileage of 75,00km. So far this car has been good and I have not make any modification or any repair to this car. As I was driving 2 days ago at cruising speed of 70km/h, the car came out with a warning with a message 'Gearbox Faulty'. Ater which it came with a light jerk and I pull over. I off the engine and I drove off and everything was back to normal.this has happened 2 times. For your information, my battery was new and the earth grounding was good. Any advice to help me on this. Thank you.

A: A gearbox message means you have a transmis...

A gearbox message means you have a transmission fault. The fault could range anywhere from a faulty sensor, bad solenoid, to a mechanical issue. The first step is to have the computer scanned for fault codes. A generic scan tool from an automotive parts store may be able to list the fault code. If not you will have to consult a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can scan your transmission control module and diagnose your problem.