Q: When the stop engine oil low light keep coming on I put oil in the car why does it keep coming on

When the stop engine oil low light keep coming on I put oil in the car why does it keep coming on

Hi there. From the description you have provided, your vehicle’s low oil light comes on when the engine is stopped; this may not be a low oil level. It is very important to not overfill the engine with oil. Always check the level using the dipstick before adding oil. The best time to check the level is at operating temperature, engine off, on level ground, and after the car has sat for at least 5 minutes allowing oil to return to the oil pan. The level should be between ’add’ and ’full’ on the dipstick (1 qt range). This could be a symptom of a faulty oil level sensor. It could be a poor electrical connection at the oil level sensor. It could also be a fault in the IPC (instrument panel cluster). I recommend having your vehicle’s oil low light keeps coming on diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

• When the stop engine oil low light keep coming on I put oil in the car why does it keep coming on