Q: Hello, I have a 2002 Honda Accord and whenever I go to put it in gear there's a loud grinding sound and the car won't move at all.

Hello, I have a 2002 Honda Accord and whenever I go to put it in gear there's a loud grinding sound and the car won't move at all.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The symptoms you are having are due to transmission issues. To start, you need to check your transmission fluid level. Low levels of this hydraulic fluid will cause issues with the transmission shifting into gear, and with the transmission’s ability to transfer the energy from the engine to the wheels. In checking the fluid, make sure the transmission pan is removed. At that point you can check for metal shavings and other signs of major mechanical issues inside. Beyond the fluid level, a transmission specialist is best to diagnose the situation. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

• Hello, I have a 2002 Honda Accord and whenever I go to put it in gear there's a loud grinding sound and the car won't move at all.