Q: Oil leak 1997 Chevy Blazer 4WD

Oil leak is located below the oil filter access panel under the front of the vehicle. The oil spans the length of the plastic shield near the bottom and collects around the plastic shields mounting bolts. A small amount of oil also collects on the ground near the front drivers side near the tire. What could be the cause? Thanks

Hi there. The oil leak could be, nothing more than, a loose oil filter. Another possibility, a leaking oil filter adapter gasket. Oil likes to travel down (via gravity) and should be properly diagnosed as there are several possible places where oil could leak. I recommend having your vehicle’s oil leak be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Oil leak 1997 Chevy Blazer 4WD