Q: Gas cap - 2000 Lincoln LS

replaced gas cap twice. both do not click!! what could be problem? Thank you.

A: Hey there. Some types of aftermarket gas ca...

Hey there. Some types of aftermarket gas caps do not click and will tighten as much as you want. If you feel the cap should be a click-type or the original one was a click type, then get try a replacement from a dealer’s parts store and not at an aftermarket parts store. If you need to have this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the gas cap or replace it with the correct cap.

Recommended services
Get a Quote