Q: Is the pcv supposed to fit loose on the valve cover? And how do you remove the pcv itself?

I never had a problem with the pcv before. But I'm changing sparks and coilpacks and I needed to remove the intake manifold, so I had the room to check out the pcv and hoses. When I got back there, I noticed the pcv valve fit a bit loose on the valve cover. So I proceeded to try and remove it and the thing won't budge. Any suggestions?

A: The PCV on this engine has a lock tab and u...

The PCV on this engine has a lock tab and unscrews from the valve cover. The tab may break when you try and remove it so make sure you have the correct one before you try and remove the old one. It will have what looks like threads on the bottom of the valve and will screw into the valve cover with a half turn and locks in place. To remove it, lift and turn counter clockwise and pull out. It will have an O-ring to seal it on the valve cover. If you end up needing some help with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to you and assist you with servicing your PCV valve.