Q: I have a 2011 Honda Accord the car was doing great until i now have to give it a little gas to start what could this mean ?

asked by on October 08, 2017

I'm having to give it gas to start it no engine lights are on i thought it could mean i need a new battery because a boost off did work last night please help
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Olivia. Thanks for sending in your question today. If you have to press the gas pedal to get your Honda Accord to start, then it’s likely not a battery issue - but either dirty fuel system components or a fuel pump that is starting to wear out. In order to correctly diagnose this problem, an onsite inspection from a professional mechanic is recommended.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr