Q: Faulty water pump causing car to overheat

asked by on February 16, 2016

My car was overheating, so I removed the thermostat. The car is still overheating, so I think the water pump might need replacing.

If coolant is not circulating, even with the thermostat removed, the problem may be with the water pump. It could also be a clogged radiator, but is not likely. If the coolant is circulating, the problem could be with the electronic cooling fans or possibly a blown head gasket. I suggest having a trained technician to diagnose and handle this overheating issue since cooling systems can be dangerous due to risk of burns.