Q: ENGINE OIL CONSUMPTION MORE

I have purchased used santro xing xg 2005 model.In SEPTEMBER 2015 with travel of 44500 kms. Intialy for14 months not travelled far as i was learning. Intialy engine oil needs tobe top up about half litre every 500 kms.In september 2016 i have replaced New E.oil 3 1/2 ltrs, air filter, oil filter and in 1500 kms no oil level dropped.In next time while driving noticed,Engine oil warning lamps glowing some times / vanishes.I felt it may be loose connections,however i travelled for 1000kms mean time observing oil levels normacy. In nexttime travelling warning lamp glowing continously and oil level dropped down to below min.level and topped up by half litre immidiately lamp went off. Totally i want say that within 2500 kms of travelling in 1 and half months 3.5 litre oil consumed. no oil dropping observed while car standstill condition.pl. advice suspected possibility oil consumtion.

In order to see if your engine is consuming too much oil due to leaking piston oil control rings you need to have fresh oil change with correct oil. The drive for 1000 km and top off oil to see how much oil was used. If you us 1 liter or less then this is considered normal amount and no service is needed. If you put in more than 1 liter then you need to have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic do a compression and cylinder leakage test to see where you are leaking compression.

3. ENGINE OIL CONSUMPTION MORE