Q: 4.7 to 5.7 hemi swap

asked by on August 05, 2016

Hi so I wanna do a 4.7 to 5.7 hemi swap in my 06 ram 1500. I have a 05 1500 donor truck with the hemi and everything else. So I have the mechanical things figured out I just need to know about the computer and electrical things. Am I going to need to change the computers and then change a bunch of wires?

You will need to use the computer from the 5.7 to make it operate correctly. You may be able to use the same wiring harness if you find a pinout diagram from both engine control modules and make sure all the wires are in the proper location in the connector. There may be an adapter plug available. Check with Painless Performance, they may have it.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr