Q: Losing power while driving

I was losing power while driving. And now my car will not start. I may need a new battery and alternator.

A: Hi. If by losing power you mean the car lac...

Hi. If by losing power you mean the car lacked power, it's unlikely the problem is with the charging system. Lack of power indicates an engine performance problem. This could be anything from a clogged catalytic converter to a worn fuel pump. Checking technical service bulletins (TSBs) for your vehicle, I did find one that might pertain. It is TSB 06-22-4 and lists symptoms including spark knock, hesitation and hard starting. The fix is to do with a re-flash of the powertrain control module (PCM). This is a long shot and I strongly suggest you have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the loss of power your vehicle is experiencing.