Q: Button on shifter stuck in

asked by on June 05, 2017

The button on my shifter is stuck in and won't release so I am unable to turn my car off

Car is not shifting into park Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It sounds like your shifting mechanism may be broken or caught in a bind. This can happen for a number of reasons such as broken parts or in some cases, things like coins or other debris may fall into the shifting mechanism causing it to bind up as you describe. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle.