Q: Will a transmission from a 99 suburban k1500 5.7 for my 99 silverado 5.3

My transmission is going on my 99 silverado 5.3 auto 4x4. I have a 99 suburban k1500 4x4 with the 5.7 that i wrecked a few months ago. Will the 99 suburban transmission work in My 99 silverado? What would have to be changed?

A: If both vehicles have the auto 4x4 and have...

If both vehicles have the auto 4x4 and have the same electronic shift, then they should be the same externally. Internal may have different gear ratios depending on the applications. Look at the two part numbers and you may find that they both have the same one. Look at the transmission code in the glove box on both of them and see if the codes are the same and this will tell you they are the same or different. They should still fit each other.