Q: My engine will not start. It will only make a clicking noise. 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

asked by on December 27, 2016

I am OWNER of 4 Years!, 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.7Litre, with 220,000 Miles on it... Yesterday the SUV would not Start at All & when Turning OVER ENGINE Would Not FIRE!.... and Also made an Clicking Sound!...... Also has an MISSFIRE that Comes/Goes!!.......

Could this be an (TIMEING CHAIN) Gone Bad ??

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. If you are getting a clicking noise when trying to start the vehicle most of the time it is either the battery or starter. I usually start by load testing the battery. If the battery does not pass then it needs to be replaced. If the battery is fine then the starter needs to be checked. If the starter is also fine then it may have an issue with the positive battery cable. At this point I would fully test the electrical system for the correct voltage. If there is plenty of power then the issue can be the engine. If the engine is seized then this same issue will occur. I usually try turning the engine over by hand to see if I can move it. If it cannot be moved by hand then it is a serious engine failure. If you are looking to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the engine will not start] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-starting-inspection