Q: Q: Ignition Problem

Ignition stay on after turning the key to the "off" position

Hello, thank you for writing in. To better understand this strange issue, it helps to know that the engine receives most of its power from the alternator once the engine has started. When the field to the alternator is not cut off when the ignition tells it to, the engine will not shut off as spark and fuel are still being supplied. Typically the alternator is to blame, but the ignition cylinder and electronics can also be to blame. To cut off the engine, you should pull the fuel pump relay. From there have the alternator tested. It is easier to remove than the ignition, and is more likely to fail. For more help diagnosing and resolving the issue, contact our service department.

3. Q: Ignition Problem