Q: why does my car won't go into gear?

asked by on August 18, 2017

My clutch keeps making a sticky sound whenever I use it and it comes up. Every time I press on it it feels lose like if it didnt have pressure. Sometimes it doesn't even come back up that even I have to lift it with my foot. When I bought my car last year on november it had a leakage in the brake master fluid so I replaced it plus recently I replaced my clutch master or pedal cause it had a leak days ago. I already bleed it and it everything and it was working fine the first days. It seemed that it was fixed but it started giving me same problems as before. Theres no problem when I start it. Problems is when I try to put it in gear it starts like shaking. Whenever I do put it into gear I have to double press on it. Sometimes it doesnt it just gets stuck. I read that it could be an internal leak/problem. Im worried that my clutch will get damaged. Im thinking about replacing the slave cylinder but when I do an inspection and see if it leaks it doesnt. Please! what is wrong with my car?!

You should check and see with engine off if the clutch slave is moving the clutch when pedal is pressed. If it does not move or take a couple pumps to move then you either have air in system or if you have the system that shares the brake reservoir with the clutch you need to remove and clean the cap. If slave cylinder still does not move when pressed then you may have a binding clutch pressure plate.