Q: Engine light

Toyota engine light is ON only when the ignition is on but the engine light will turn off as soon as the engine gets started. Why ??

A: Hello and thank you for your question. Toy...

Hello and thank you for your question. Toyota vehicles have a self test built within the computer systems. When you put the key in the ignition and turn on the key to the On position or Accessory position, the engine light and oil light will illuminate. When you start the vehicle, these two lights should shut off once the computer system verifies that all conditions of the vehicle are current and error free. If there is a problem with the engine management system, the engine light will remain lit up after starting the engine. If your warning lights remain on, indicating that there is an issue, you can contact a YourMechanic certified technician to come to your location to diagnose and repair the warning light.