Q: Car won't start after overheating

My car overheated. I filled it up with coolant and water, and now the car won't start.

Serious damage can occur when a vehicle is allowed to overheat. A good first step would be to have a compression test performed by a qualified technician to ensure that the combustion chamber’s cylinders are receiving compression. Overheating can cause the head gasket to blow out and not allow good compression, plus this will allow coolant into the cylinder. Warpage of the cylinder head can also occur with overheating. Have a technician properly diagnose your overheating problem and make the necessary repairs to get you going again.

3. Car won't start after overheating