Q: my check engine light came on. Took to Auto Zone they gave me these codes P0700 & P1776

asked by on February 02, 2017

I need to know as much information that you can give me. As of this time my van is running fine no shifting problems. I need to know if this is located inside the transmission and if i am safe to drive it for a short distance to go to work

According to the diagnostic trouble code listing on AllData, it looks like both of the trouble codes are associated with the transmission. The P0700 code appears to be more of a general information code to let you know other codes are present. The P1776 code diagnostic information says you should check the transmission fluid level first, as this could very well be the cause of the warning lights. If the fluid level is correct, and the fluid is in good condition, there is a diagnostic flow chart that is fairly lengthy and will normally require the help of a certified mechanic, and some diagnostic equipment, in order to troubleshoot. If you feel you could use some help in identifying and/or repairing the issue, contact a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.