Q: Its making a loud sound steam coming from under hood and leaking something

asked by on October 15, 2016

I was driving and what sounded like a flat tire the truck was making loud noise so pulled over and there was stem under hood and leaking something really bad

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. What seemed to happen is either a coolant hose or your radiator blew out coolant. This is why you were seeing steam coming from under the hood and why you saw something leaking really bad. Open the hood when the engine is cool and check to see if the radiator hoses are intact. Check to see if the radiator has any section pushed out or if something is missing. Look at the engine to see if anything is out of the ordinary. If you need assistance in finding the source of a major leak, then seek out a professional, preferably a professional from YourMechanic to help you with your vehicle.