Q: My car is leaking, jerky, and the battery and engine light came on after making a weird noise.

I was taking a left turn and heard this wild noise that sounded like the rocks and stuff kicking off your wheels when you go off road or drive through gravel. When I stopped I saw a lot of leaking fluid coming on, appeared green. The battery light and engine light came on. The steering would lock up from side to side. The car is jerking when I try and move and is overheating quickly. What does this sound like?

Green fluid sounds like engine coolant leaking. Overheating would seem to justify it being coolant. The battery and Check Engine Lights coming on may indicate that leaking coolant may have sprayed onto other components like the alternator or possible the serpentine belt which drives the water pump, alternator and air conditioning compressor may have broken off, or may be slipping due to coolant leaking all over it. Your vehicle is equipped with electric power steering so if the alter is soaked with coolant or the belt is slipping/came off, the alternator will not provide the proper electrical power for all the vehicle’s systems, including the electric power steering. Have a certified technician look into these issues, especially the overheating as engine damage can occur if it driven while overheating.

• My car is leaking, jerky, and the battery and engine light came on after making a weird noise.