Q: SRT4 idles fine, but dies when light throttle is applied, no check engine lights, no codes.

Taking off from a stop with light throttle pressure, under 2000 rpm, engine falls completely on its face and dies. But if i launch with 50% gas pedal or more, its fine. So I have to basically peel out after every stop. Its the same engine response as when traction control activates and kills power. Im either losing spark or losing fuel pressure. It happens about 1 in every 3 stops. Car starts right up again too.

14 years of driving stick, so i know how to clutch. I could be fully engaged in 1st idling forward 1200rpm at 6mph, or at 10mph in 2nd, and i still have to give it more than 50% throttle otherwise it dies. Its worse in the cold. Tried turning off traction control, problem still exists.

No check engine light, no codes, idle is stable, boost is consistent, no vacuum leaks, spark plugs replaced, PCV valve replaced, injectors removed and cleaned, MAP sensor and MAF sensors replaced, no oil in any intake pipes, no oil around spark plugs, valve cover gasket replaced.

Hi Nicholas. Thanks for contacting us today. Although I’m sure your clutch driving skills are great, it’s quite possible that the clutch itself is the source of your problem. Most of the time when an engine falls flat while releasing the clutch, it’s because the clutch is releasing internally quicker than it should. This is often an indication of a master or slave cylinder failure or an inner clutch seal leak. Since you’re not getting any codes, I would suspect a mechanical failure within the clutch as being the root issue in this case. It’s probably best to have a professional mechanic complete an inspection to help you diagnose this issue.

3. SRT4 idles fine, but dies when light throttle is applied, no check engine lights, no codes.