Q: How much does it cost roughly to have a new transmission pit in on a 2008 Ford Explorer XLT with 131,500 miles on it?

I Would like to know approximately how much it would cost to get a new transmission or repaired transmission for my Explorer? Thank you? I ask because my car jerks into gear

The cost of an off-the-shelf re-built transmission for this vehicle is in the range of $2,000 to $3,000 or more if you buy a Ford certified unit from the new car dealer. Rebuilding the transmission might be somewhat less costly. The book labor to remove and re-install a transmission in this vehicle is roughly 7 hours or so. There are other costs depending on whether all "related" parts are re-usable or not. Prior to condemning your transmission you should have the issue you are experiencing with the car diagnosed. It may be that there is a lower cost resolution available. If you request a service appointment, the responding certified mechanic will determine why the transmission is not functioning properly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. How much does it cost roughly to have a new transmission pit in on a 2008 Ford Explorer XLT with 131,500 miles on it?