Q: My ac isn't cold enough.

I have a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix. I want to buy the aerosol can of freon with sealer and do it myself. I was told there was a leak when I bought the car. The ac has been fine but this year it seems too warm. I don't have any idea how to do this or even if this is recommended. Is this something I should attempt myself?

A: I would not recommend putting freon into a ...

I would not recommend putting freon into a car that you have been told is leaking. Freon is damaging to the environment, and the vehicle should be properly inspected for leaks before adding more freon to the system, even if it's a very slow leak. The system will need to be properly evacuated so the leak can be repaired. Then the system needs to be recharged to a very precise amount that cannot easily be measured with an aerosol can of refrigerant. I suggest having the a/c system properly diagnosed by a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic.