Q: On the Dodge 2010 Nitro 3.7...what should be the average cost to replace all 6 plugs and wires

asked by on August 20, 2017

Nitro is missing sometimes and then runs great...like a solid miss...light comes on and says number 4 cylinder is missing, and A side of coil....then today the egr sensor came on....but the vehicle is still running ok...What do I need to do.....was going to replace all pugs and plug wires but was told that there were 3 plug wires and 3 coil wires...never heard of that....and now the egr valve sensor light popped on...trying to figure it out to buy the parts and have them installed by a certified Dodge mechanic after he quoted me almost $400 for just the 3 coil wires and 3 plugs on the A bank...why so much?....and how much should it run to just replace all the plugs and wires? and how about the EGR valve? How much to buy one and replace it?

Hi John. Replacing the spark plugs and coil packs on a 2010 Dodge Nitro V6 is a fairly easy service. However, I wouldn’t automatically assume that the root source of your problem are the plugs or plug wires. In many cases, a random misfire - especially if it’s an entire bank, is caused by a misfiring or malfunctioning fuel injectors or a damaged ignition module. It might be best to have your issue correctly diagnosed first. The cost of $400 is about average to have local mechanic shops complete this service. You can request an estimate to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location by clicking this link. You can do the same for the EGR valve replacement by clicking this link.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr