Q: I think I got ripped off by my auto mechanic

My car was overheating and leaking coolant so I took it into a shop to get looked at. They ran a coolant pressure test and determined the issue was the heater hose assembly. I had them replace the heater hose assembly and fill it with coolant. They charged me 400$. I got my car back and it was still overheating also, coolant overflows out of where you put it in you take the cap off after turning the car off. Here are my questions. Did the shop I took it to rip me off? Do you think the headgasket on the taurus could be cracked?

A: From what you’ve described you may have blo...

From what you’ve described you may have blown the head gasket when you overheated the engine. The shop pressure tested and repaired the leaking hose but the engine may have already gotten damaged when it initially overheated. If you want a fresh pair of eyes on the issue, have another certified mechanic, like one from YouMechanic, diagnose the overheating issue and see if the head gaskets are blown.