Q: What rate should I get for a leaf spring for the suspension system of a toy vehicle?

Hello,

I have a question about the suspension system of a small toy vehicle for one passenger. Currently, it doesn't have any suspension system, but when the vehicle rolls over rough ground with small pot holes, it vibrates significantly. To reduce the vibration, I'm trying to install a suspension system using leaf springs.

The maximum weight of the vehicle with a passenger is around 150 lb. I was wondering what rate of leaf spring would be most effective in reducing the vibration?

Thank you for your help!

Hi there. Sorry, but we only offer mechanical tips and repairs for commuter cars, trucks and SUV’s sold in the United States.

3. What rate should I get for a leaf spring for the suspension system of a toy vehicle?