Q: My 1999 Honda Civic is overheating

3 days ago my car overheated I tried everything to cool it down, left it sitting replaced fluids and everytime I started the car back up it over heated again and the coolant had disappeared. I have also had the battery light flashing lately took it to mechanic who said this wasn't an issue. Could the two be related and is my car fixable for a reasonable price or should I scrap her

If the car is overheating and the coolant is disappearing right away without showing a puddle on the ground, there is probably some kind of engine damage like a blown head gasket. If it takes a little time to overheat, it may be that the coolant is leaking out or some other problem. I can’t think offhand how the flashing battery light might be related, normally that would indicate a charging system problem. The Honda water pump is driven by the timing belt rather than the alternator belt so there is no connection there. Even though the car is pretty old, at 63000 miles I wouldn’t expect to find head gasket problems except in cars that have been badly abused. So I wouldn’t panic just yet. Your best next move is to have the car checked out by a pro. You can have that done at your convenience by contacting Your Mechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your Overheating Honda and let you know what needs to be done for it.

3. My 1999 Honda Civic is overheating