Q: I have an 05 Nissan Maxima with the obd2 port missing, how do I get an obd2 port installed?

I bought this car at an auction so I know there were going to be some fixing up needed to be done. But there's no OBD2 port, so I took it to a mechanic and tried to have him search for codes but he couldn't trace back any wiring from where the OBD2 was supposed to be. So I would like to know where I can get an OBD2 port installed?

Most of the time something such as this would likely need to be done at a local dealership. This is not a commonly replaced part and therefore most places will not have the tools and equipment required to install and calibrate such Parts on your vehicle. It is also possible that the OBD2 port is in a hidden spot that is not in the normal location that may have been looked over by the mechanic.