Q: I got code P0106 this morning with no symptoms, can I drive to JACKSONVILLE without an issue?

asked by on December 04, 2017

Today my check engine light came on. After work I took it to autozone for the codes to be read and it pulled code P0106 for the throttle body. My car is running and ideling fine, no issues at all. We are moving to Jacksonville in a few days and I just want to know if it would be ok to wait until we get there to have it fixed. It is roughly 270 miles to where we are going.

It would be very difficult to determine if the vehicle would be able to drive that many miles without determining what exactly is causing the trouble code. I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of this issue. It is possible that you could drive it and no issues would occur since there are no symptoms currently however it is possible if the throttle body is electronic, that the vehicle could not start or have trouble accelerating.