Q: Won't shift into 3rd gear and bogs down after 2005 Chevy Blazer

The truck won't shift into 3rd and just bogs down then dies smoke shows up but can tell if it's engine oil or tranny oil

This sounds like you may have internal transmission issues on your 2005 Chevrolet Blazer. It could be caused by low transmission fluid, a faulty shift valve, or possibly burned clutches. Smell the transmission fluid. If it smells burnt, then you may need to have the transmission rebuilt or replaced. If you would like to have this checked at your car’s location, a local expert from YourMechanic can perform an inspection of your shifting issue to pinpoint what is going on.