Q: 2004 Pontiac grand prix. Tried relearn process for the antitheft, didn't work. What can I do?

Relearn process for the antitheft didn't work. Now, everytime I turn the key, the dash lights flicker on and off with a feed-back kinda sound then everything shuts off. It's like a surge. The key is an original. The car has been sitting for almost 3 years. My mother bought it new and always kept a strict maintenance schedule. Never been wrecked or had any problems.

Hello there. It is more than likely that you’ve got a stored error code in the ECU that is causing this problem. The best advice we can offer you is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and have them complete a car is hard to start inspection. They will begin this by downloading error codes and clearing them to see if this resolves your problem.

3. 2004 Pontiac grand prix. Tried relearn process for the antitheft, didn't work. What can I do?